Thursday, April 10, 2008

Booking Through Thursday-Writing Challenge

It is time for Booking Through Thursday


Pick up the nearest book. (I’m sure you must have one nearby.)
Turn to page 123.
What is the first sentence on the page?
The last sentence on the page?
Now . . . connect them together….(And no, you may not transcribe the entire page of the book–that’s cheating!)

I picked up The Court of Love by Jean Plaidy. It was on the kitchen table waiting for me to pick it up and continue reading.

The First sentence is "We knew the road was not easy" and the last is "I noticed Thierry Galeran the room." To connect them I wrote a little tale.

We knew the road was not easy. But my sister and I needed to find Thierry Galeran. I had something to tell him. We encountered many difficulties and challenges along the way. We finally found him. He was at The castle. We went inside and looked around. We walked into the dining room. That is when I noticed Thierry Galeran in the room.

In The Court of Love it is a discussion between King of France and Eleanor of Aquitaine. They are deciding if they should continue onto Jerusalem and along the way try to take cities to make road safe for the pilgrims and the crusaders or not. Eleanor would like to fight along the way and the King wanted to go to Jerusalem without fighting to confess his sins. Thierry Galeran is the King's servant.
I hope you enjoyed my little tale.

2 comments:

LisaMM said...

That was fun, good job!

Pabast said...

Thanks. This one was fun. I read your BTT. I thought it was good. It made me think that I should have expaned mine.