Tuesday, August 19, 2008

The Strand Prophecy Book 1/Reveiw Rescheduled

The Strand Prophecy Book I by J.B.B. Winner is the third book that I have not received yet. If you have read my other two blog entries about rescheduled reviews; you know that I have not received some books that I have been scheduled to read for Pump up Your Book Promotions. So what I have been doing instead is giving some information about the books and other websites you can go if you want some more information. This was one of the books I really wanted to read. I read the first three chapters on line and I wanted to read the rest of the book. Oh well, I guess I have to wait a little longer, but hopefully not to long. Again as soon as I receive my copy and I have read it; I will post a review.

This it the book trailer.



Synopsis:
The Strand Prophecy Book I is a young adult science fiction book. It is set in present day. The Strand Prophecy takes place at the White House, the depths of the rain forest in Brazil and the deepest regions of Africa.

Strand is a reluctant superhero. He discovers that animals are going through a rapid evolutionary cycle. They are evolving into new life forms and predators that threaten the very existence of humans.

Strand races against time and the U.S. military to protect the innocent and his niece and perhaps along the way to find redemption for his brother's death.

I got the synopsis from The Strand Website. You should visit the website. It is wonderful. You can get information on characters. You can read the first three chapters of the book. Which are great. They are an awesome introduction to the book. They are very intense and suspenseful. If the rest of the book is like the first three chapters; I will not be able to put it down until I finish. Commanding all in my house to leave me alone as I read. (My family does not like when I have one of those books cause nothing gets done).

The Stand Prophecy is the first of five books to be written. The second is written and is being edited and the authors are on the process of writing the third book

A father and his thirteen year old twin daughters are the author JBB Winner. J is for Jeffery Winner. B and B are for Brittany and Brianna. Jeffery began this book as a family project to help the girls to overcome their Dyslexia and help them to focus on their strengths not their weaknesses. Also to encourage their passion for storytelling.

The Strand Prophecy is an award winning book. It has won eight awards including "Best Young Adult Fiction", "Best First Book Fiction" and "Best First Book Young Adult Fiction".

The Strand Prophecy is available at Barnes and Nobles and Amazon.com

And as before you can visit Pump Up Your Book Promotions to find reviews of this book, interviews with JBB Winner and guest blogging by JBB Winner. I highly recommend visiting the website for further information about this book.

Happy Reading

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OHMYGOSH... I am so sorry you didnt get your book. We thought all were mailed and recieved.

Pabast said...

Just to let you know that I received my copy of The Strand today. Thank You for resending it. I am thinking about putting the rescheduled review up on Sept. 20th.

I don't know what happened to the other book. My personal theory the post office. Chicago Post Office has had problems in the past. But I did not think my station was bad. I had no problems before, but not receiving three books. Come On.