I was not sure if I wanted Acheron to have a heroine. Acheron is the consequential Lone Wolf. That is who he is. I did not know what a love interest would do for him. All I have to say is that Tory is the perfect heroine for Acheron. It has made him stronger.I like how Kenyon put in modern references. She sited things that we as readers can relate to. Like a line from the TV show Heroes and and the movie 10,000 B.C. I love it.
No You do not have to read the series in order. I believe that you should read some of the dark hunters books before you read Acheron. Since in the big battle all of the dark hunters who ave books written about them appear. It would be nice to get the story about them and why Acheron is important to them.
Here is the reading order of the books:
- Fantasy Lover
- "The Beginning" short story in Sins of the Night
- Night Pleasures
- Night Embrace
- "Phantom Lover" In the anthology Midnight Pleasures
- Dance with the Devil
- "A Dark Hunter Christmas" short story in Dance with the Devil
- Kiss the Night
- Night Play
- "Winter Born" in the anthology Strokes of Midnight
- Seize the Night
- Sins of the Night
- "Second Chance" included in the Dark hunter Companion
- Unleash the night
- dark side of the Moon
- "A hard Day's Night-Searcher" in the anthology My Big Fat Supernatural Wedding
- "Until Death We Do Part" in the anthology Love at First Bite
- Fear the Darkness Free Ebook
- The Dream-Hunter
- Devil may Cry
- Upon the Midnight Clear
- Dark-Hunter Companion
- Dream Chaser
- One Silent Night
While the world carries on unawares, Stryker, who leads an army of demons and vampires, is plotting an all out onslaught against his enemies—which, unfortunately for us, includes the entire human race. To avenge his sister, Stryker prepares to annihilate the Dark-Hunters. But things go awry when his oldest enemy returns. Enter his ex-wife. Zephyra. Just when he thought nothing could stop him, he’s now embroiled in a centuries old war with a shrew who gives new meaning to pain.
I can't wait.