Saturday, May 17, 2008

Two for one 5

The Trouble with Lacy Brown by Debra Clopton is about hairstylist Lacy Brown and Cattleman Clint Matlock. Lacy arrives in the small town of Mule Hollow after the town placed an ad for wives, in hopes of saving their small town. Lacy feels that God has led her to this small town to open up her own hair salon. Lacy comes to Mule Hollow without the intention of getting married. She wants to devote her life to Christ and be a witness to him. She then meets Clint. She denies that she is falling in love with Clint. Falling in love was not in her plans. Can Lacy realize that she can fall in love and marry and still be a witness for Christ? Can the town be saved by the ad? You have to read this book to find out.

I enjoyed reading this book. I liked that it was a nice romantic comedy. I loved the hilarious interactions between Lacy and Clint. When I finished reading, I thought what a great theme for a continuing series, women coming to a small town to find love and marriage. When I went to Clopton's website I was very excited to see that I was right she has made this into a series. Whooo Hoo!


Four Little Blessings by Merrillee Whren is about Cassie Rankin, who is raising her nieces and nephews. She moves next door to Wade Dalton, who wants peace and quiet. They feel attracted to each other, but do not want to give into it because of an age difference.

The children help bring Cassie and Wade closer together as well as the many trips to the beach.

There were parts in the book that was slow and seemed to drag on. I liked how the children were incorporated into the story. They were an added bonus. Over all this was a nice book to read

2 comments:

Rocco's Blog said...

Hi thanks ffor posting this

Rocco's Blog said...

I enjoyed reading your post