Thursday, May 14, 2009

Book Ramblings


Yesterday was my birthday, So I went to Border's and sorted treated myself. I bought the book What Would Jane Austen Do? by Laurie Brown. I have not read the alternative books relating to Pride and Prejudice. Even though the books sound good and interesting, I have not been ready to read them. But this book caught my eye and interest.

Eleanor agrees to go back in time to prevent a deadly duel. Eleanor meets Lord Shermont who is a renowned rake and womanizer but could he be a dangerous cutthroat and spy? Eleanor decides to find out. Eleanor meets Jane Austin who helps Eleanor with the nuances of countryhouse society , and possibly prevent a scandal. Bits and pieces from the back cover.

I feel that this book has alot of possibilities. My first question is does Jane Austin find out that Eleanor is from the future and if so how does she handle it. Also how does modern woman survive in Jane Austin's time. I think that is why I bought this book. The whole concept intrigued me.

Today I went to the library and picked up three books that I had on hold. They are as follows:

Be Still My Vampire Heart by Kerrelyn Sparks Book 3 in the The Love At Stakes series. This books focuses on vampire Angus Mackay and CIA's vampire hunting Stake-Out team member, Emma Wallace.

The Dragon Earl by Jade Lee. It was on hold for a long time. I hope this means it is a good book. A Chinese monk Jacob Cato striding down the aisle was the first shock at countess-to-be Evelyn Stanton’s wedding. To watch him dispatch three groomsmen, unarmed, and to learn that he was white and the long-lost heir to the Earldom of Warhaven, was the second. He would be her husband? A quick synopsis from the back cover

Pushing up Daisies by Rosemary Harrs Meet Paula Holliday, a thirty-something media exec who makes the move from New York City to suburban Connecticut to start a landscaping business. Paula can handle deer, slugs and the occasional human pest but she’s not prepared for the mummified body she finds while poking through the grounds of an abandoned estate. This is from the Roesmary Harris's website. This is the first book in the Dirty Business Mystery series.
Now to get some reading done.
Happy Reading

1 comment:

Anna said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you enjoy these books.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric