Saturday, February 14, 2009

Victoria Victorious

I thought that Queen Victoria was one of Englands greatest Queens after reading this book I am not so sure.

Plaidy focused on Queen Victoria's personal life then on the Political intrique that was going on around her. It is told as Queen Victoria is remembering her past and the people who have influenced her.

When I first met Victoria I liked her. I thought that she was spunky but after she became Queen and married Prince Albert she became a traditionl female. The husband is always right. I wanted to strangle her because she always did what her husband wanted just to keep him happy. He knew how to manipluate Victoria to get what he wanted. After Albert died, I wanted to throw the book across the room because Victoria kept saying what would Albert do after each crisis whether personal or political. I would like to read more on Queen Victoria to see if others had the same perspective or a different one.

Jean Plaidy is still one of my favorite historical fiction writers. I have enjoyed the books that she writes, but I may not have enjoyed or liked the people she writes about.

The Tudors still rock.
Happy Reading

2 comments:

Ladytink_534 said...

I'm afraid I don't know too much about her...

Pabast said...

I did not know too much about her either except her reign became known as the Victorian Age. This book was a nice introduction to her.