Sunday, February 1, 2009

Mew is for Murder


Mew is for Murder by Clea Simon is a cute little cozy mystery. This is the first book in the Theda Krakow Mystery series.

Theda Karkow is a freelance writer who lives in Cambridge, Mass. She decides to write about an elderly lady who Theda thinks is a cat hoarder and will make a good feature story. When she goes to the old woman's house, Theda finds her dead on the floor in the kitchen. There are cats running around everywhere.

Theda finds her coffee house waitress inside the house. Theda finds out that Violet has been helping feed the cats. She believes that someone has been breaking into the house and searching for something. Violet also believes that someone killed the cat lady. But who? As Theda begins looking into it she finds more question then answers.
This book gets 3.5 stars. I found this cozy mystery to be entertaining. I liked how the cats helped solved the mystery, very cat like. Theda enjoys the club scene in Cambridge. I thought that part of her life was incorporated very nicely into the story line. I liked how this was a different setting then normal cozy mysteries. It is not set in a small town or community. It still does have quirky characters, that I hope to see in the other books in the series. Of course I hope that the cats are some how still involved in solving future mysteries.

Happy Reading

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

I enjoy Clea's series. I read Mew is for Murder a few years back and I'm looking forward to getting her newest release.

Ellinion said...

Great reading yyour blog post