Sunday, January 4, 2009

2008 Challenge Wrap Up

I just want to say that I am sorry that I have not posted lately. In month of December I was reading every chance I got so that I could reach my goal of 100 books in 2008. So that meant no posting on my blog. Then when I reached my goal, other things kept me from posting. But here is the first post of 2008. Just an FYI 2008 was my first year in participating in book challenges.

Reading challenges in 2008.

Decades in 08 Challenge: Did not complete. 0/8 One of the reasons I joined this challenge was I wanted to expanded my reading choices. I did start The Mysterious Island, but other things got in the way and I never went back. So stick with what I like.

100 + book Challenge: Completed 100/100 I did it, but it took a lot of effort. Once you get thrown off your reading pace; it takes a lot to get back on track.

2008 TBR Challenge: Did not complete. I did better 9/12 I started out great. I was reading two to three books a month for the first three months and then I discovered Pump Up Your Book Promotions and started to read review books. Instead of reading one book a month for PUYBP, which is what I planed. I began reading 2-4 books a month. So I slowed down way down.

Royalty Rules Challenge: Completed 4/4 Yeah, My first completed challenge in 2008. I love must love those kings and queens. OK mostly queens.

Historical Fiction Challenge: Did not complete 3/6 I am not sure why, I did not finish this one. Maybe too many books to read. But I think, I will bring the three that I did not read over to the 2009 Challenge. Know I just have to sign up.

Daring Girl Challenge: 1/9 I still have time to complete it. The ending date is July 15, 2009. The book I read A Wrinkle in Time by Madeleine L'Engle. Let's keep our fingers cross that I can complete this challenge.

July Book Blowout: Completed My personal reading goal for the month of July was 10 books and I completed that goal. It help get my on track for the 100 + Book Challenge. Let me tell you I needed it.

So out of the 6 challenges that I planned to do in 2008. I completed 3. Let us hope, I can do better than 50 percent in 2009

I think that is it for the 2008 Challenge Wrap Up

Happy New Year and Happy Reading.

1 comment:

Lezlie said...

But you got a lot of great reading done, so you accomplished a lot even if you didn't officially "finish" a few challenges. Nice job!

Lezlie