Saturday, November 15, 2008

Just Some Random Thoughts

I have been working on my conferences for my preschool class. They went pretty well. I have been working on them off and on for a couple of weeks. I still have to put in some emails and update photos on our online assessment so that the parents can access information when they want. So now that life has settled down a bit I can focus on my books, my blogs, and challenges at least for a little bit. I will become busy again in December when I will be doing things with my daughter's brownie troop.

I am hoping I can finish the 100+ challenge. If I push it and read a lot of romances and cozy mysteries I just might make it. I have four days off for Thanksgiving and have nothing planned, because my husband has to work, but to read. So maybe I can do it.

I have found some challenges for 2009 that I think I can complete. I at least want to read some of the books from the challenges not like Decades 08. I did not read a one. So I have learned to stay away from literature challenges. But the funny thing is this was the challenge that got me excited about challenges and into blogging. But I did not even try to read any.

I have been blogging for about a year now. My books have grown in numbers and I have read some great books. I have enjoyed working with Pump Up Your Book Promotions. I also have come across wonderful blogs and I have enjoyed reading what everyone has written.

After reading everyone's great reviews, I began to doubt my abilities of writing. Everyone's reviews seemed so much better than mine. So a lot of self doubt popped into my head. I even thought that I should stop reviewing. But I am enjoying the world of blogging. So I will keep plugging away in the hopes that I will get better.

What else is going on. My daughter is once again participating in Battle of the Books in Chicago. We are hoping that this year her school will get in the final three or to the stage. Each year they have gotten closer. Keep your fingers cross. If they do make it to the stage, I am not sure if I could handle it. I think I would be pee my pants in excitement and get an ulcer from the tension. But it would be worth it. I will post the book list at a later date.

Well, I believe that is it for now.

Happy Reading.

No comments: