Sunday, March 7, 2010

Where Have I been?

I am still here. I have just been busy with my infant/toddler on-line class. I usually have three assignments due in a week and after spring break I will be having four assignments due in a week. My class involves a lot of writing. So it has been taking a lot of my time.

I have read some books before my class started.
I finished Emperor: The Gates of Rome by Conn Iggulden. This book is about the early years of Julius Cesar and Marc Anthony.
I did not enjoy it. It was not a bad book. It just was not my type of book. I hate to be sexist, but I kept thinking that this book is geared for men.

For the Historical Fiction Challenge, I read The Triumph of Deborah by Eva Etzione-Halevy. This book was about Deborah a famous bible prophet, and Barak, a Jewish General. My only issue with this book is that I cannot see God picking a general who sleeps with any female, and a prophetess who sleeps with her general. To save the Jewish people from their enemies the Canaanites. It just did not fit with my idea of biblical fiction. Otherwise, I liked it.
My goal is to read one book a month as long as my class is in session. The sad thing is I am already behind. I did not read any books in February. So I will have to finish Flowers in The Rain by Rosamunde Pilcher, a book filled with short stories about love and relationships, and another book in March. So hopefully when I am on spring break, I can achieve this goal.
Even though I am not writing on my blog, I am still thinking of everyone. I will try to write in about a month or so. I guess I can always put my essay's form my class up on my blog. Just a thought.
Happy Reading.

2 comments:

NerdyMe said...

Good to see you again:))

What are you studying that yo have to take the infant/toddler class?

Deb said...

Hi, I looked at "Triumph of Deborah," and just couldn't bring myself to read it. I'm not big on the biblical fiction books as a rule. I do have a comment, however, and that is that God works in mysterious ways, as they say...these two could very well have fallen in love, or God was giving a symbolic lesson for the Israelites to learn from...and us to learn, as well. I'd have to read the book to find out, but you may want to consider it now that you have read it!

Warmest regards,
Your Bookish Dame/Deb

I'm a new follower and I've posted you on my Blog List!